Friday 23 March 2007

24 Hours With...

One of the most intriguing sections of Campaign for me is ‘24 Hours With…’. You could put this down to natural curiosity, nosiness or just plain voyeurism. As it is unlikely I will have the honour of being invited to contribute to that column in the near future, adapting it here seems like an interesting, if slightly self indulgent, experiment. So here I go:

Name: That would be telling…
Job: Marketing and Research
Professional mission: To be a name, but not a face
Personal Mantra: To be interesting

7.20am Leap out of bed...[really]
7.30am Wish I had more clothes.
7.45am Select tube reading material.
8.00am Lock house and sprint to bus stop.
8.10am Bus late, forehead wrinkles deepening visably.
8.20am The joy of the central line fills my soul.
9.00am Arrive at a beautiful building, check emails, wake up.
10.00am Meeting with Hamish and Peter about the book. Feel dynamic and motivated.
12.00pm Glued to Google in the name of research.
1.00pm Lunch and a walk around Hyde Park in search of fresh air - I don’t find any.
3.00pm Minutes. Shoot me now.
4.00pm Try to think of some interesting ideas. Varied success.
4.30pm Interview eminent Tesco person with Peter for Hamish’s book. One of the best bits of my job. Fascinating.
7.30pm Arrive home, perverse bin men have left the bin on our flowers…again. More wrinkles.
11.00am Bedtime.

I'm beginning to doubt whether my personal mantra is appropriate…!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This also is good. G & GM

Fencreative said...

Iron out those wrinkles. Iron the daffodils. This will give you stand out for the world is not as flat as people think.