Tuesday 31 July 2007

MFI advert

The new MFI adverts have been causing furore, and quite rightly in my opinion. In general, that kind of aggression is just not acceptable in families, and nor should it be portrayed as normal. The first time I saw it, I was left feeling very uncomfortable.

That said, I am consistently amazed on the bus how aggressive children seem to be in London. Where do they get it from, this anger? The most trivial things escalate to 'I am going to kill you' fury in seconds. This is new and worrying. However, the MFI advert should not be portraying this as normal and even acceptable.

The offending advert:

1 comment:

tomasz. said...

i just find it incredibly annoying, like being forced to watch one of Gary Oldman's lumpen kitchen sink dramas or something.

Mind you, since the whole concept of advertising is to convince you that you want stuff you don't need, a bit of shouting is pretty small beer.