Thursday 6 September 2007

Planning Books

I love books. I am regarded as bizarre by my friends as I probably read more than I watch T.V.

One of my many favourite books is Atonement by Ian McEwan. This is mainly because it is stunningly, beautifully written. I like the plot as well, but if I could ever frame a sentence as perfectly as Ian McEwan, I would be a very happy girl.

When discussing the film and Ian McEwan generally in the office, it became increasingly clear that not everyone shares my high opinion. 'Pretentious b******!' was one of the more extreme responses. I am sure he probably is; great writers are not known for being likable human beings in general, but I'm still going to wax lyrical about Atonement.

I am going to see the film tomorrow, which I am quite intrigued by. I usually find Keira Knightly wooden, so I hope she raises her game.

On the subject of books, I have decided to read a few about planning, in preparation for my secondment at BBH. I've already read a few, but manged to miss 'Truth, Lies and Advertising', which is apparently essential reading. I will be curling up with that tonight.

No comments: