Friday 23 November 2007

Fostering Creativity and Diversity

It has been one of those weeks when I have learnt a lot. A nice week. I went to a seminar at The Work Foundation about fostering creativity and diversity with Herman Gyr. It was excellent.

I thought I'd share one of the particularly interesting things I learnt. The content is not new, but I really liked the new way of approaching it.

To cope with the future, companies need to think about their audience and consumers. There are four types of personality, or parts of personality.

Ana Analogue wants to be enriched, is passive and reflective. To fulfill her needs a company needs to provide quality content. Andi is enabled and wants to interact and be playful. A company needs to provide him with interactive experiences and choice. DJ Digital is empowered, creative and wants to make an impact, therefore he needs tools to engage with content. Finally, Syndi Synthesised wants to connect, participate and be part of a community therefore she needs an interactive platform.

I think this model to think about consumer wants and needs now and in the future is helpful. My personal opinion is that we all have elements of each of those personalities within us, but the younger we are, the more we move away from Ana and towards Syndi.

No comments: