Friday 30 November 2007

Lateness

Lateness. I've been thinking about it a lot recently, but it all came to head this morning.

I arrived for a meeting at an agency, which shall remain nameless, on time and raring to go. I was greeted hospitably and offered a drink. I said, "yes please, a cup of tea would be lovely". Quarter of an hour later, I was beginning to get restless and thirsty. Half an hour later, I was rapidly sinking into a bad mood and extremely thirsty.

After three quarters of an hour (and numerous discussions with the receptionist), I was finally ushered into a small room and the meeting began.

"So, you are X from Leeds".

"No" I said.

Cue all looking extremely confused.

"Actually, I'm Y, from the IPA".

Cue red faces from the agency and a hasty dash to grab the right set of papers. I spent the next hour trying to look cheerful and contribute interesting ideas, all the while thinking what an absolute shambles they were.

The cup of tea never arrived either!

No comments: