Tuesday 24 April 2007

The Pigalle Club


Brand experiences. How often can you say you have had a positive brand experience? Not often, I would submit.

When being interviewed for the book, the marketing director of Motorola mentioned his visit to Dolce and Gabbana, “those guys really understand branding”. This gentleman was so impressed with his experience of Dolce, from packaging to attitude, that he allied his own brand with them, to create the Dolce and Gabbana Razr.

A recent brand experience of my own was at The Pigalle Club. I waltzed in, in my new shoes, expecting a good evening. What I had was, actually, an amazing evening.

The logo glinting above the dance floor, the music, the branded plates, waiters who smiled and danced as they made their way to your table, the old timers (whom I suspected were paid to motivate the clientele) on the dance floor before anyone else. All of these little touches were staged to perfection; all imbedded with something unique to The Pigalle Club, adding up to at least one very satisfied customer.

1 comment:

Fencreative said...

Waiters who smiled! Whatever next: smiling people who are prepared to wait? Nice post and sorry I missed your birthday