Tuesday 22 May 2007

Food, Glorious Food!

Yummy! Have you ever wanted to lick the television while watching an advert? I guarantee this one will make you want to!





Food is one of the great loves of my life, along with black Labradors and hard-backed books. So I am sure you can imagine my delight when, at my creative writing class, the tutor walked in with a bag of food. Maryland cookies, Tunnock's Caramels and Walker's Sensations. An eclectic mix, but I didn't mind.

Our task was to describe how it feels to eat, to describe taste and texture. Obviously, research was required. As I munched my way through my Tunnock's Caramel bar, it occurred to me that, despite it being hard to describe, food is one of the most evocative things possible...each stage of my life can be identified by a particular dish. Mango for university, Skittles for sunny afternoons in June and Fish Pie reminds me of my Grandad, who explained seriously once, to my five year old self, that I'd be brainy if I ate my fish.

1 comment:

Will said...

It also ties in rather wonderfully with synathesia.

I enjoy any sort of NPD development day with a variety of senses engaged.

And - anyone who can describe senses in writing is someone I want to read.