Wednesday 9 May 2007

Gym Bunny

Gyms. I don't really know how I feel about them. My reservations include price, cleanliness and the country bumpkin snobbishness that exercise isn't exercise unless it is in the fresh air.

However, I have often felt like a social outcast when my friends wax lyrical about their homes away from home. By not belonging to a gym in London, you miss out on a modern social network as important as Facebook. I was completely left out of the 'gym' conversations (almost as socially debilitating as not owning a TV).

So, yesterday, I succumbed and joined a gym (in the hope of toning up for the summer). The fact I get a discounted rate through Prudential health insurance is an incentive, I'll happily admit.

I wonder how long the novelty will last? Probably as long as my delight at discovering the gym has significantly better hairdryers than my own!

p.s. If I go to the gym, maybe one day I could throw a hammer like this:

No comments: