Wednesday 23 May 2007

Forbidden Corner

I have purchased my tickets to visit Forbidden Corner this weekend. I can barely contain my excitement! Call me a big kid, but fairy tales, riddles and secret caverns thrill me. I think that makes Forbidden Corner my spirtual home.

Goblins, talking statues, waterfalls and mice help you solve puzzles and, if you need any encouragement, make you six years old again. It is a perfect world with danger, mystery and trials, but you can carry the comforting thought around with you that, in the end, good will win over evil and you will be home in time for tea.

I noticed a striking modern fairy tale, arguably without the talking statues though, in the papers yesterday - the renaissance of Marks & Spencer. The Financial Times noted, however, some nervousness in the City over whether Rose could maintain sales. I think higher interest rates are bound to have an effect on consumer spending, but if M&S continue to strike the right balance between quality, value and fashion, I am sure they will all live happily ever after!

No comments: